Duo Strategy is searching for a full-time copywriter to join our quickly growing team. The copywriter will be responsible for writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy. You’ll be working closely with the Duo executive leadership team as well as our clients to deliver copy that drives action, educates, and nurtures new users through the customer journey.
We offer competitive pay, a strong benefits package, unlimited paid time off, and most importantly, the opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing marketing consultancy. Compensation will vary depending on the candidate's experience and value they can add to the company.
- Craft clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice across marketing channels
- Drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
- Develop email marketing copy for drip and nurture campaigns as well as one-off marketing emails
- Develop ad copy for paid advertising initiatives across all marketing channels (Facebook, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Proof read all assignments at all phases of execution
- Research industries, competitors, and any other relevant information to support the development of any needed copy
- Serve as copy editor when needed
- Collaborate with the Duo team and clients to develop new ideas and meet deadlines
- Work on multiple projects at once, sometimes under tight deadlines
Skills & qualifications.
- A desire to learn new things, not only in marketing, but technology, business, and everything in between
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (obviously)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing or a related field
- Experience developing copy for paid advertising and email drip/nurture campaigns
- Experience working with apps and tech companies is a plus, but not required
- SEO experienced preferred
- Proficient in G-suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive)
- Experience with project management platforms (coda.io, asana, trello, etc) is a plus, but not required
- Prior marketing or agency experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be a self-starter & continual learner
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- You are a happy person :-)
Why consider Duo?
- Advancement opportunities – as Duo’s first copywriter you’ll have the unique opportunity to work directly with Duo’s founders to learn the business and establish a role as large or small as you can handle.
- Flexible schedule – we are a new age company and do not prescribe to the 9-5 as a necessary day-to-day structure. You will be asked to attend meetings, complete assigned work by deadline, and be reasonably available during typical business hours. Assuming you can meet these requirements, you are free to schedule your work day as you please.
- Network – work directly with CEOs and founders of emerging startups and tech companies
- Company culture – I wear sweatpants everyday. It’s great. At Duo, you can too.
- Health insurance & Unlimited PTO